Thursday, April 11, 2013

Exploring the Rules of Hell - Journey's End

Back in March I started to listen to all of the music that Black Sabbath recorded with singer Ronnie James Dio. Collected as The Rules of Hell and 45 tracks in total, it  covered three studio albums, a live album, and a career retrospective*. Before March I was an Ozzy Osbourne era loyalist. Many weeks later I am very pleased to say that that's no longer the case.

I feel silly for ignoring this music for so long, but I'm happy that I finally opened myself up to it. Not only did I add some excellent Black Sabbath music to my collection, but I also gained a greater appreciation for what an amazing singer Ronnie James Dio was.

Now that my journey is complete I've compiled a 13 song playlist that includes my favorite tracks from The Rules of Hell.

1 - "Neon Knights" (Heaven and Hell)
2- "Children of the Sea" (Heaven and Hell)
3- "Heaven and Hell" (Heaven and Hell)
4- "Lonely is the Word" (Heaven and Hell)
5- "Turn Up the Night" (Mob Rules)
6- "The Sign of the Southern Cross" (Mob Rules)
7- "The Mob Rules" (Mob Rules)
8- "Over and Over" (Mob Rules)
9- "Children of the Grave" (Live Evil)
10- "Computer God" (Dehumanizer)
11- "Master of Insanity" (Dehumanzier)
12- "Time Machine" (Dehumanizer)
13- "Shadow of the Wind" (The Dio Years)
Playlist on Spotify
*The three new songs included on The Dio Years are only included in the digital download version.

No comments: