Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Exploring the Rules of Hell - Ear in the Wall

"Ear in the Wall" brings my 45 song journey through the Dio lead Black Sabbath to an end. It's been quite an experience going through the catalog song by song, and I can't believe that I am done. I listened to some great music and definitely gained some new favorite Sabbath Songs.

Sadly "The Ear in the Wall" isn't one of them. It starts with a promising riff but the verse finds the band reverting to stock metal territory. The chorus gets things back on track but overall the song is pretty sub par. The solo is interesting and Dio's lyrics paint some interesting images, but it's not enough to really make the song standout.

Tomorrow I'll wrap things up and offer up a playlist that includes the best songs that I listened to. Thanks for taking this journey with me! I hope you enjoyed it.

No comments: