Monday, November 02, 2009

This Never Happened to the Other Guy

This past weekend the Hilton Hotel in beautiful Parsippany, New Jersey hosted the Chiller Theatre Toy, Model and Film Expo.

In addition to the dozens of vendor tables, the Expo also featured many celebrity guests. This year's event included appearances by Mickey Rooney,Peter Fonda, Howard Hesseman, George Lazenby, Davey Jones, Ann-Margret, and a zombie from the original Night of the Living Dead . The total guest list included nearly 70 popular figures from the world of film, television, pro-wrestling and music.

The highlight of the event for me was meeting George Lazenby.  George portrayed James Bond in one 007 outing, but considering it is one of my favorites meeting him was a real honor. In addition to taking a few moments to answer some questions I had about the production he signed an 8X10 and posed for a picture.


I saw Bowzer from Sha Na Na chatting with TNA Knockout Tara, Richard Dreyfus eating a hot dog and viewed in disbelief as my buddy like some unwanted member of the paparazzi was denied when he went to snap a quick pic of Peter Fonda.

There was no such denial when I snapped this pic of living legend Mikey Rooney!

Next I hit up the vendor area where I ran into the Joe from Exhumed Films who was there with his company Diabolik DVD. After chatting about the 24 Hour Horror-Thon for a few minutes I purchased the 2-disc version of Pieces to replace the bootleg version that I had brought at Chiller a few years earlier.

On the way out I ran into Jason Vorhees. Thankfully he was in a good mood and I survived to tell the tale.

No comments: