Monday, May 01, 2006

Nerds!

CNN is reporting that a remake of the 1984 comedy classic "Revenge of the Nerds" is in pre-production. Now I am usually all for remakes or re-imaginings as people like to call them, and I am usually the first to jump to the defense of these new projects, but with this one I am not too sure.

And it's not that I think that this comedy classic isn't worthy of a remake. It's just that I'm not sure what the benefit of a remake is. Something just doesn't feel right about this one.

Who knows? This time next year I might be singing its praises. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

1 comment:

Strutter71 said...

Jesus, it's tough to imagine them making this one any better than the near-perfect original. What they should do is go back and re-make the sequel into a better film. Step 1: Make it Rated R!