Sunday, May 07, 2006

The Dirtbombs

I think the biggest thrill as a music lover is discovering great music from artists that you've never heard of.

I went to see the Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs the other night and Detroit's The Dirtbombs were the openers. The band's set of high energy rock and roll made for one of the most exciting live shows that I've ever experienced.

Founded in the 90s by frontman Mick Collins, The Dirtbombs have a very unique sound. Mick's guitar is backed by 2 drummers and 2 bass players (one on fuzz bass). Collectively they create a sound that has been called "Louder than a 707."

I can't argue with that discription, but here is one of my own: "The Dirtbombs sound like every naughty thought that I have ever had."

Interested? Check out the CD If You Don't Already Have a Look. The double disc compilation contains 52 of their very best tracks.

3 comments:

Ben said...

I completely agree. If you visit my blog, in my links I list some bands that you've probably never heard of that are well worth the journey to Central Pennsyltucky.

CRAIG said...

Thanks for stopping by and for the coment, Ben! I'll be sure to check out your blog.

CRAIG said...

Looks like The DBs are coming back to the area in July.

They'll be at Asbury Lanes on July 28th and Maxwell's on the 29th. I'm gonna make it a point to be at both shows.