Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Craig Gets Personal

I think I'm in love...

No.  Strike that.  Before people start getting excited, I should maybe amend that statement.  But, it's too late now isn't it?  I'm sure Mom and Dad are already having visions of grand children and my ex is finally saying, "Oh, it's good to see that he's moved on..."

I am in love...

Damn!  There I go again.  Strike that as well.

My taste buds are in love.  There, I finally said it right, the way that it was meant to come out before I started to worry about how friends and family were going to take that statement.

My love of Taco Bell is well documented, and it should come as no surprise that the new taste treat that my taste buds, hell I, have fallen in love with comes from their new value menu.  And it's good to see that Taco Bell has finally added an item to their menu that can (almost) replace the Chili Cheese Burrito.

The Grande Soft Taco is in essence quite simple: Take a soft taco, double it up with another soft shell, and hold the whole mess together with nacho cheese.  Simple I know, but damn is it wonderful.  It's become the cornerstone of every meal that I get at Taco Bell.  And if you pair it up with the new Beef and Potato Burrito and a small beverage (Code Red), you can eat a really satisfying meal for under four bucks.

Way to go guys!  Now more than ever I find myself running for the border.

For more taco related writing check out http://www.bunchojunk.blogspot.com  

1 comment:

Guy Hutchinson said...

Would you like to be left alone with your taco for some private time?

I am a big fan of the Grande Taco, but my new favorite is the Nacho Cheese Steak Gordita. I don't know why it took me so long to try it, but I am obsessed.

BTW, have you tried the new apple pie thing (Esprandita or something?)