Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Exhumed Films' 24 Hour Horror-Thon 2011 Part 2

6:40pm: Dinner Break

The Three Stooges in "You Natzy Spy!", The Island of Dr. Moreau (1977): Edge of Reality (making of), Tom and Jerry in "Yankee Doodle Mouse".

7:20pm: "This is flight engineer Lieutenant Brian Murphy..."

5th Feature: The Dead (2010)

A first for the Horror-Thon as this film was announced well before the event. This was the Philadelphia premiere of the film and it was projected digitally.

In between the diner break and The Dead there is a quick break while they make sure that everything looks and sounds good. I duck out for a quick bite. I grab a sandwich and soda at Wawa and am back in my seat for no more than 5 minutes when I lose my second pen of the event. Not wanting to create a disturbance by looking under my seat I decide to head out to buy some new ones. I hit 7-11 and although they sell them the guy behind the counter offers me one of his. I feel bad that I'm not spending money and grab a bag of Buffalo Blue Cheese Combos. Not surprisingly they turned out to be pretty tasty.

On the way back inside I run into Joe from Exhumed who offers me a Gummy Finger.
Not one to turn down such a generous offer I accept and opt to have some "blood" sauce as well. I don't realize what an appropriate snack it is for the movie that is playing until I am typing this just now.

9:00pm "This is very cool!"

Trailer for King Kong Lives

6th Feature: Trick or Treat (1986)

Skippy from "Growing Pains" stars in this "Heavy Metal" horror film. Gene Simmons and Ozzy Osbourne cameo.

Trailer Reel #3: "Slashers!"
Previews of coming attractions for: Last House on the Left, Road Games, New Year's Evil, Trick or Treats, House, Humongous, Pshyco, Friday the 13th Part 7: The New Blood, Night Breed, My Bloody Valentine

11:30pm: "Fascinating."

7th Feature: Night Warning (1983)

It starts with a great bit of gore but turns into something much, much creepier. Bo Svenson steals the movie for me as an intolerant cop. Bill Paxton also appears in an early role as one of the lead's classmates.

No comments: