Tuesday, February 14, 2006

You are What You Dig

Inspired by some of my favorite bloggers' recent lists I've decided to share my top ten favorite CDs. I avoided including the same artist more than once in order to keep things interesting. Over the next few weeks I'll start to do a write up for each pick, but I figured it might be fun to just list all of the the discs first.

10: Rilo Kiley - More Adventurous
09: Black Sabbath - Sabbath, Bloody Sabbath
08: The Band - Northern Lights-Southern Cross
07: Faith No More - Angel Dust
06: Frank Zappa: - Joe's Garage Acts 1,2,3 (Ok, actually multiple discs, but they really act as one complete piece)
05: The Postal Service - Give Up
04: AC/DC- Back in Black
03: Bob Dylan - Blood on the Tracks
02: Television - Marquee Moon
01: The Beach Boys - Pet Sounds

6 comments:

Guy Hutchinson said...

I only listen to Tina Yothers. I assumed you would too.

Strutter71 said...

Cool, can't wait for the write-ups. Never heard of #10.

Guy Hutchinson said...

Why wait! I will give you a write up on each:

10: Rilo Kiley - More Adventurous
Better known as R. Kiley he was charged with being a pervert a few years ago. I believe that was the actual charge.

09: Black Sabbath - Sabbath, Bloody Sabbath
This is a black gospel group, I assume.

08: The Band - Northern Lights-Southern Cross
Not clearly written, but he meant to say "the band is named Northern Lights, the album is Southern Cross."

07: Faith No More - Angel Dust
These guys killed a goldfish in the 80s. They shall never be forgiven.

06: Frank Zappa: - Joe's Garage Acts 1,2,3 (Ok, actually multiple discs, but they really act as one complete piece)
This little known artist was Dweezil's dad. He is very popular down south as depicted in the film Heroes of the Heart.

05: The Postal Service - Give Up
You know how every year at Christmas time you go to the post office and they try to sell you a compilation of "holiday hits" and you say "Hey dude, I just need some stamps." CRAIG bought the compilation.

04: AC/DC- Back in Black
I think this was a Quiet Riot cover band.

03: Bob Dylan - Blood on the Tracks
I have many, many jokes for this one, but they are all in bad taste.

02: Television - Marquee Moon
Obviously he means Marky Mark, not Marquee Moon. I don't know the album he's referring to, but when Marky was on TV, he used to have his pants hanging below his underwear. It was impossible not to be a fan of that.

01: The Beach Boys - Pet Sounds
Bark bark, meow. Most of the sounds were actually Carnie Wilson eating a bowl of potato salad.

CRAIG said...

Great! Thanks for stealing my thunder, Sweetie! Looks like I'll need to do write ups on numbers 11-20 instead. First up will be Tina Yother's band Jaded and thier CD Confessions.

T-_Bone said...

mmmmmm Tina Yothers

stella said...

Great list!! Have you heard Electric Presidents? They're one of my current favorites and remind me of Postal Service a little... =)