Tuesday, January 10, 2006

"Save it for the French"

There are few joys in life greater than one of your favorite movies being released on DVD.
And no I don't mean one of your favorite movies coming out on DVD; I mean one of my favorite movies. Seriously what joy would I find in one of your favorite movies coming to DVD? What's that? Your favorite movie is Death Race 2000? Wow, that's just the movie that I was going to talk about. What are the odds?



Released in 1975, DR2K tells the story of an annual, government sponsored cross country road race in which the participants score extra points by running down pedestrians. The cast includes David Carradine, Sylvester Stallone, Mary Woronov, and the guy who played Sensei in The Karate Kid.

It also clocks in at under 80 minutes.

Presented on DVD in widescreen for the first time the disc also includes a 10 minute featurette and a commentary track featuring the film's producer Roger Corman and Woronov...

You're still here? Hmmmm, this is awkward. I honestly thought that anybody reading this would have motored off to their favorite retailer to pick up there very own copy by now. Hence the complete lack of a satisfying ending to this piece.

Wait! What's that over there!

Whew, that was close.

8 comments:

Guy Hutchinson said...

I love this movie! One of my all time favorites!

Guy Hutchinson said...

I also love the duck photo.

T-_Bone said...

Well, I was psyched when "Circle of Iron" came out on DVD. BTW - Duck you

T-_Bone said...

Well, when Circle of Iron came out on DVD I was psyched for sure. That duck was very distracting

T-_Bone said...

Oh wait a minute - you sneaky guy.

T-_Bone said...

Wow - I am spamming your blog!!!!!!!!!!!1

T-_Bone said...

Uh - huh-huh

Metal Mark said...

I have not seen this movie in about ten years, but remember loving it. Not the best ending, but worth it just to see Carradine kick the snot out of Stallone.