Sunday, July 25, 2004

His Name is Prince...

Spin magazine recently released their list of the 50 greatest frontmen of all time. Now overall I don't have many issues with the list that includes Robert Plant, David Lee Roth and Mick Jagger. I find their number one pick, Prince, to be a bit troubling though.

Now I have no problem with Prince. I think he is incredibly talented, charismatic and has been in the game long enough to top the list. But, I don't think frontman when I hear his name. Prince is a solo artist, and it is for that reason that I don't think that he should be on the list (for the record, I also think David Bowie and Jimi Hendrix shouldn't have made the list either).

Tune in tomorrow for my list...

2 comments:

Guy Hutchinson said...

ATTENTION READERS

No need to wait for his list. The list was leaked to my sources earlier today. Here it is:

1. Seth FrontIn 1987 the world was in need of a new frontman and out stepped Seth Front. Seth was the production manager on Zombie High. Many say his production managing skills were second to none. Over a decade later he re-emerged as the writer of a C. Thomas Howell movie. Today he says his biggest dream is to have people say 'Howell starred in a Front written movie' rather than the other way around.

2.Douglas EvansAs a writer for Front Street Books, Doug is second to none. Doug (or D-Love to his friends) has an M.A. in Education, has published a dozen stories in various children’s magazines, plays piano and guitar and has written over 300 songs. He is a frontman of all trades.

3. John EasthamJames M. Eastham was elected Mayor of the Town of Front Royal effective July 1, 2004. Prior to that time, he served eighteen years on the Front Royal Planning Commission. He is by far the most political frontman of our day.

4. Owen DavisAs one of the stars of All Quiet On The Western Front, Owen Davis certainly made some noise. Never one to shy away quietly, Owen made 16 films before drowning in 1949.

5. Kenny FrontDesigner of the famous Front Platter, Kenny presented the platter to President Bill Clinton who accidentally sat on it and broke it.

CRAIG said...

Welcome, Dene. Now I know that I have at least 8 loyal readers!
As for the list, Sweetie some how got a hold of my list and printed it a day early, so now I am gonna have to just go ahead and print a list of ROCK frontmen.