Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Exhumed Films' 24 Hour Horror-Thon 2009 Part 2

8:05pm: "He thinks that's funny. He thinks that's a funny thing he's doing. "


5th Feature: Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter (1984)

My favorite Friday the 13th film and one of my all-time favorite horror films.

I've seen this one a zillion times so I don't feel bad ducking out to grab dinner. It's raining out but the call of some McDonald's double cheeseburgers is much stronger than anything the 7-11 on the corner has to offer. I do stop at 7-11 on my way back to grab a cold bottle of water and a sugar free Red Bull to get me through the night.

9:40pm: "I'm tired of taking orders from a silly female."

6th Feature: Raw Force (1982)

My second favorite flim of the Horror-Thon. Cannibal monks and Kung-Fu Zombies are only the tip of the iceberg in this one. If you're not convinced this one is worth seeing based on that I'm not sure what to tell you.

11:05pm:
Short Film: The Boarded Window

11:20pm: "My specialty is courting ladies in the presence of their husbands. "

7th Feature: The Next Victim (1971)

AKA The Strange Vice of Mrs. Wardh. An Italian thriller that really picks up steam at the end.

October 25, 2009

12:25am: "The nightmare becomes reality."

8th Feature: City of the Walking Dead (1980)

AKA Nightmare City. Satisfying zombie flick that does nothing to advance the genre. The shocking twist-ending and terrible zombie make-up make this one memorable though.

No comments: