Sunday, May 17, 2009

Random thoughts on the new Star Trek

Contains spoilers.

1. Good. Best Trek movie in a long time.
2. Eric Bana's Nero has been called a weak villain. I don't see that. He was actually one of the highlights of the film for me.
3. Uhura and Spock? WTF?
4. Green skinned girl. I know that it was a callback to the original series but it seemed forced and I kept thinking of She-Hulk.
5. Not enough Scotty.
6. Not enough McCoy.
7. Too much of Scotty's sidekick.
8. Too many convincing looking aliens.
9. Kirk was so well written. It is a shame that Chris Pine didn't attempt to bring anything from Shatner's performances to the table.
10. Kobayashi Maru. Didn't like Spock being one of the developers and I didn't like seeing "how" Kirk beat it. This is a massive part of Trek cannon and believe it was a no win situation for the filmmakers.

No comments: