Monday, November 03, 2008

Exhumed Films' 25 Hour Horror-Thon 2008 Part 1

November 1, 2008

12:00pm: "Are you weird?"

Unlike last year I got to the International House ten minutes before the start of the event. I didn’t get as much sleep the night before as I had hoped to and neglected to pick up any snacks to keep me going. The snacks didn't worry me as there were plenty of vending machines on site and a 7-11 right down the street, but the lack of sleep troubled me. I met up with Sweetie Guy Hutchinson who was in attendance and he handed me a bag of leftover Halloween candy. Nice!


12:25pm:

1st Feature: The Fog (1980)

This was the last film from John Carpenter's "must see" list of films that I had yet to see. Part of Carpenter’s amazing 1976 to 1986 run, The Fog is an effective little ghost story.

1:55pm:
Trailers for: The Crimson Cult, The Oblong Box, The Dunwich Horror, Murders in the Rue Morgue (1971), The Return of Count Yorga, Dr. Phibes Rises Again, Blacula, The Thing with Two Heads, Mad House.

2:15pm: "Major, let’s get busy"

2nd Feature: Destroy all Monsters (1969)

Like last year a Godzilla film plays second. Godzilla films are always welcome. And a Godzilla film with multiple monsters is even better.

3:40pm:
Short version of The Mummy (1932)

3:45pm: "We don’t need any beach freaks making out with the guests."

3rd Feature: Wicked, Wicked (1973)

Great slasher flick presented in Duo-Vision! Ok, ok, I’ll fess up. Duo-Vision isn’t nearly as exciting as it sounds. Basically the picture plays via split screen nearly the entire running time.

5:25pm:
Trailers for: Planet of the Apes, Conquest of the Planet of the Apes, Battle for the Planet of the Apes, Jaws, Barbarella, Captain Sinbad, The Golden Voyage of Sinbad, King Kong (’77), Fantastic Voyage, Forbidden Planet, Starman, Star Trek: The Motion Picture

5:35pm: "See how funny I am!"

4th Feature: The Incredible Shrinking Man (1957)

I love Sc-fi from the 50s and 60s. Sadly this years audience seemed a bit less forgiving of some of the films flaws and laughed a bit too much during the effects sequences on display during this one.

6:45pm:
Dinner Break:

Documentary: The Horror of it All

I stepped out and grabbed 2 double cheeseburgers at McDonalds. On the way back I stopped at 7-11 to grab supplies (Pringles, Combos, Famous Amos Cookies, Mountain Dew and a big bottle of water) to help get me through the rest of the night.

No comments: