Monday, October 29, 2007

Exhumed Films' 24 Hour Horror-Thon Part 1

October 27, 2007

12:15pm: "Can we watch some monster movies?"

Got lost on the way, but I'm in my seat before the first flick starts. Announced it will be 14 flicks!


Trailers for: Fright Night, Yor, Twilight Zone: The Movie, Creep Show, Army of Darkness.

12:30pm:

1st Feature: Halloween (1978)!

One of my favorite horror films. The following is from a write up that I did a few years ago: John Carpenter's 1978 film stands as one of the genre's true masterpieces. Wearing a modified William Shatner mask and wielding a butcher knife, Michael Myers AKA "The Shape," laid the groundwork for every slasher that would follow. It also has a kick ass score.


1:00pm:
I start to worry about parking. I parked at a metered spot and used all 8 of the quarters that I had with me. I leave the theater and find a garage. I do some math and decide that parking here is the best bet. I stop at 7-11 on the way back to the theater and grab two Mountain Dews, a big bag of Bar-B-Q chips and a hot dog. The hot dog doesn't make it back. The soda and chips augment the box of Poptarts that came with me. I don't plan on moving again until 6pm.

2:00pm: "Is your mouth watering?"

2nd Feature: Godzilla vs The Cosmic Monster (1974)

3:10pm:
Quick break while they switch the matting on the screen. This event is already worth the ticket price. Didn't expect 2 great movies back to back. This audience is amazing. Quiet for the most part, but enthusiastic when called for. I almost forgot how great it is to watch a film with an audience that appreciates what they are watching.

3:15pm:
Assorted raffles for posters, DVDs and T-shirts.

3:30pm:
More trailers: The Creature from the Black Lagoon. I love these old trailers! They show almost entire sequences. This might have been a shortened version of the film as it actually showed the end. Equinox, The Omega Man, Cat O'Nine Tales, Jaws, The House that Vanished, The Devil's Rain, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Son of Dracula, Dracula (1979), Death Ship, My Bloody Valentine, The Beast Within, Friday the 13th, Beyond the Door II, Deadly Blessings, Prom Night, Humanoids from the Deep, Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978), Rosemary's Baby/The Odd Couple double feature.

3:45pm:

3rd Feature: Don't be Afraid of the Dark (1973)

This one was a bit of a clunker. The little baddies are pretty amusing though.

5:00pm:
Trailers for: War Between the Planets, Death Race 2000 (one of my all-time favorites!), Inframan, Message from Space, Dracula's Dog, Island of the Damned, They Came from Within.

5:15pm: "Well so much for the cat and mouse shit."

4th Feature: Hellraiser (1987)

5:25pm:
Overall the prints have been pretty good, but this one is gorgeous! It's been well over 10 years since I've seen Hellraiser. Belive this is only the second time and what a way to see it again!

5:30pm:
Quick bathroom break. Feels good to stretch a bit. After this feature there will be an hour long dinner break, but I don't want to leave as they will be showing trailers during the entire hour.

6:45pm:
Dinner Break

No comments: