Friday, September 02, 2005

Country Bluegrass Blues & Other Music for Uplifting Gormandizers

So it looks like another historic piece of New York is about to disappear. What a sad state of affairs.

Now I'm no legal expert and regardless of who actually owns the building it's my belief that CBGB should be considered a historical landmark and at the very least be preserved as it is. In its over 30 year history the NYC club introduced more groups that went on to alter the face of popular music than any other club in the country.

Imagine a music industry where The Ramones, Blondie and Talking Heads had never existed due to lack of venues that had the guts to let them play. Imagine what bands the music scene might miss out on if CBGB weren't around and its impending closure is even more of a shame.

Here's to hoping that some creative legal maneuvering will allow the club to remain open for many years to come.

6 comments:

Guy Hutchinson said...

Never heard of it. But I have heard of some of those bands. Shame.

T-_Bone said...

What did you say about a Gordita?

Guy Hutchinson said...

Thanks, T-Bone. Now I'm starving.

CRAIG said...

Me too and I just finished lunch!
Have you guys tried the Cheesy Gordita Crunch? Once again TB has outdone themselves. For them there seems to be no high water mark.

T-_Bone said...

I am once again hooked on TB. Once a week, minimum. Baja Blast ownz me. As does the Cheesy Gordita Crunch, it pwnz me too.

PS - Sorry Sweetie - go get a Chruchwrap - highly recommended.

Guy Hutchinson said...

I enjoyed the crunchwrap, but it seemed a little lite on the meat (plus I couldn't open it to put sauce on it!) My current favorit is the Grande Soft Taco. It's like 5 times the meat of a regular taco!
F.A.B.!