Sunday, July 03, 2005

Tagged!

I've been tagged by the lovely Stella. I'm no longer a meme virgin.

The Rules:

Remove the blog at #1 from the following list and bump every one up one place; add your blog's name in the #5 spot; link to each of the other blogs

The List...

The Babbling Brooke
Cannot Be Trusted
Every Passing Moment
Sixty Seconds
Always the last in Line

The five things I miss from my childhood:

1. The Atari 2600. I know that it's possible to get all of the classic Atari 2600 games for your PC or Playstion but the experience isn't the same. I'm still hard pressed to find games that excite or entertain me more than Pitfall! 2 or Adventure.
2. My old house in Pittsfield, MA.
3. Playing Kick the Can and Manhunt with my buddies.
4. Sliegh riding at Clapp Park in the winter.
5. The local theatre in Pittsfield that showed E.T. for the entire year.

I tag:

Keith
T-_Bone
Sweetie

5 comments:

Guy Hutchinson said...

Here are my answers:

The five things I miss from my childhood (not including people that have passed away)

1. Being able to wear my cub scout uniform to school on Friday.

2. A funny Tom Hanks

3. The local toy store that was owned by a man that hated kids (he wouldn't let more than one kid in the store at a time)

4. The possibilty of another Gilligan reunion

5. The thrill of looking for new Garbage Pail Kids

BTW I still play Atari at LEAST once a week!

stella said...

ET for an entire year? That's great! Never heard of Kick the Can, but I think I can imagine it!! Such sweet memories you included. :)

p.s. Sweetie Guy, I forgot about Garbage Pail Kids! I used to laugh so much over Shaggy Aggie! Thnx.

CRAIG said...

Great memories, Sweetie. I too miss the "funny" Tom Hanks.

Stella, If I could find a theatre that still showed "E.T." I would most likely be there every day. It's still one of the only movies that can bring me to the verge of tears. The others are "Short Circuit 2" and "From Justin to Kelly".

Guy Hutchinson said...

I remember a theater that showed "Chariots of Fire" for a year. Very disapointing for a little boy.

Guy Hutchinson said...

My favorite GPK was "Potty Scotty" only because he was my only "1st series" card. I thought I would one day make a down payment on a mansion using my "Potty Scotty" money.