Thursday, August 19, 2004

Pinewood Dreams - Part 2

Part of a crossover with my brother's blog. The first entry can be found
  • HERE





  • In late '85, I was poised to become the champion of the Cub Scouts Pack 20 Pinewood Derby. My car was fast; it easily won every race that day. It was also the best looking pinewood racer at the whole derby. It was slick and sporty with a dark maroon paint job, pinstripes and a spoiler. No other car looked anything like it.

    I knew that I was unstoppable and so did everyone else in attendance. It felt good to be a winner. After a less than spectacular performance the previous year, my current success (albeit as part of a new pack) was pretty satisfying.

    With only minutes before the final race, I was already envisioning where my dual trophies would go (one for total speed dominance, the second for looks). Little did I know that an unexpected event would rob me of my glory...

    To Be Continued

    No comments: