Monday, May 17, 2004

Zillion Dollar Frittata

I don't think that I have what it takes to be rich. I have too little "get up and go" to ever truly amass a lot of money, and I'm not sure that this is a bad thing. I think, like most American's, I'm a perfect fit for the middle class. I get excited by simple things like back to back episodes of The Simpsons and new items on the Taco Bell menu. I've got a place to call my own, a set of wheels that get me from point A to B, and enough money left at the end of the month to buy whatever DVD or CD I've had my eye on. I know they say that the grass is always greener on the other side, but I truly don't feel that I'm missing anything by not being rich. Example: Norma's Restaurant in the Le Parker Meridian Hotel recently added a thousand dollar omelet to their menu. You heard me right people. For a grand you can get the "Zillion Dollar Frittata." The omelet consisting of six eggs, a lobster and 10 ounces of sevruga caviar has been on the menu since May 5th, but has yet to be ordered. Now that the word is out though, I'm sure rich folks will be crawling over each other in order to be the first to waste their money on this frivolous breakfast item. But I'm not even sure that this is a class thing. Who wants lobster and caviar with their eggs anyway? Not me. Money or not, I'll take a good old Egg McMuffin over caviar any day of the week.

1 comment:

Guy Hutchinson said...

Just FYI on the "Zillion Dollar Frittata." Although you are correct in mentioning that it is 6 eggs you neglected to mention that they are penguin eggs. Very tasty and worth every penny.